Friday, March 8, 2013

Topic #4--How do I organize my coupons?

There are a few different ways you can organize your coupons. No method is right or wrong, it's all about what works for you.

Some methods you can use (these are just the ones i've heard of):
* Binder(s)
* Filing folder
* Filing cabinet or bucket
* Envelopes

When I first started couponing I put them in envelopes and then put them into one of those filing folders that you can take with you. I started buying more coupons so that didn't work out for me anymore, so then I started using a binder. I bought dividers and baseball card holders to put my coupons in and it has worked for me ever since. Now that I buy even more coupons I have three seperate binders. I have one for health and beauty, food and cleaning supplies. If I kept them all together I would need a HUGE binder. This works for me because when I go shopping, I put all of my binders in a bag, then when I decide to go to a store I just bring in the one I know i'm going to need or sometimes if I'm looking for unadvertised deals, then I will just bring all of them.

What do I do when I get new coupon inserts?
Every Sunday before I start cutting out my coupons, I go through all of my binders and take out expired coupons. I save mine to send to the Military. They can used expired coupons for up to six months after the expiration date. You could also just throw them away if you wanted to.

Since I get multiple papers, I take all of the like coupon inserts and work on them. I take out all of the pages and match each of the like ones together. Then, once i'm done, I grab a stack and on each coupon I write where it came from (ex: SS 2/24). Once i'm done with that, I cut all of the coupons out and then place them in the category they go in. Then I go onto the next stack and so on..
 
What way(s) do you file your coupons? If you don't coupon yet, which way seems the easiest? Or do you have a different idea? Please share :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about this... it is amazing! I can't wait to start to save money. I'm soo excited girkkkkey!!!

    I don't coupon yet but I will do it your way because hello you are smart! :-)

    I'm soo pumped thank you for that!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete