Friday, October 5, 2012

Couponing 9/30/12 and rant

Few things before I get into my transactions.
 
First, I am not too happy with Rite-Aid anymore. You can't use your +Ups that you get after your purchase in the same day, you have to wait until the next day, which doesn't make me a very happy couponer. I haven't heard about this change until I went in and the cashier told me as I was checking out, so I don't know if this is going on everywhere, just in my area or that one Rite-Aid.
 
Second, at CVS I had a rude cashier, I don't know why they can't just be happy people are saving money. I was on my third transaction, I added another set of Pantene shampoo and hairspray to my transaction and she put all of my products in bags so I just asked if I could double check my stuff to make sure I gave her all of my coupons. By this time my total should of been about $30.00 but I brought it down to around $5.00 and she had the nerve to tell me "The coupons you already gave me took enough off of your total, you don't need anymore taken off, you're already getting all of this for pretty much free". I had enough with people being rude to me about using coupons so I gave her a nice smile and said, "Yeah, thats what coupons are for, to save money. I'm using my coupons the way they should be, I am following your coupon policy and the policy that is on the coupons, theres no need to be rude." Then I just paid and left. People act like what we are doing is illegal, selfish, crazy, and i'm sure plenty of other things. Go ahead and call us crazy for getting all of our products for pretty much free, but we are most certainly doing it LEGALLY and i'm sure we are all far from selfish. I take care of my family and friends with all of the stuff I get and I also donate, as I'm sure other people that coupon do the same thing.. DON'T HATE ON COUPONERS!
 
CVS
I came into my transactions with a $4.00 ECB, $1.50 ECB and I stopped at the coupon machine and it gave me $2.00/2 Treseme products.
 
Here is a picture of my first transaction:
Pantene is 2/$8.00
4x Pantene shampoo
4x Pantene hairspray
Total before coupons - $32.00
 
Coupons I used:
4x Buy 1 Pantene shampoo, get 1 conditioner or styler free.
2x $1.00/2 Patene products
Total after coupons - $2.04 +tax=3.96 OOP
**I also got back a $10.00 ECB for spending $30.00 worth of P&G products
 
Here is a picture of my second transaction:
Treseme is on sale for $3.50
1x Shampoo
1x Conditioner
1x Heat tamer
Total before coupons - $10.50
 
Coupons I used:
1x Buy 1 shampoo AND 1 conditioner, get a styler for free
1x $2.00/2 Treseme products
1x $1.50 (ECB)
Total after coupons - $1.00 +tax= $1.54 OOP
 
Here is a picture of my third transaction:
Covergirl is buy 1, get one 50% off.
3x Pantene shampoo
3x Pantene hairspray
2x Crest 3D white toothpaste
2x Covergirl lip products
Total before coupons - $43.66
 
Coupons I used:
3x Buy 1 Pantene shampoo, get 1 conditioner or styling product free
1x $5.00 off two Covergirl lip products
1x $1.00 off 2 Crest toothpaste
1x $4.00 ECB
1x $10.00 ECB from first transaction
Total after coupons - $2.69 +tax= $5.31 OOP
** I also got back another $10.00 ECB for spending $30.00 worth of P&G products.
 
All together I purchased 8 Shampoos, 1 conditioner, 1 heat tamer, 7 hairsprays, 2 toothpastes, and 2 lip products. Total for everything before coupons is $86.16, I only paid $10.81 OOP and I got back a $10.00 ECB on my last transaction so essentially I got all of these products for $0.81. Now, I am back to being a happy couponer. :)
 
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions or if you would like to share your savings. Also, don't let rude cashiers get to you and KEEP ON COUPONING! :)

4 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?!?!? CVS did that to you??? Those people are dumb and I'm glad you said something back.....you go girkkkkey!!! :D
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can save like this!
    One day I went shopping and I saved ten dollars and that was exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ ManningsGirkkkkey - Yeah, I'm tired of cashiers being rude to people who coupon. They must be jealous because they aren't saving money. ;)

    @ Alice Hardy - Saving is very fun. It gets addicting. I always get excited for the new weekly ads to come out. :)

    ReplyDelete